To provide missions resources for New Mexico Southern Baptist congregations and to help them understand and be radically involved in the mission of God.
Sharon Montgomery, President
Sandra Fonseca, Vice-President
Herb Gage, RA Consultant
Diane Johnston, Social Media Consultant
Paula Hibner, WMU Ministries Consultant
Betty Eason, Multi-cultural Consultant
Works with churches as they discover needs or opportunities that are unique to multi-cultural situations.
Carolyn Bright, Endowment Team Leader
Makes decisions related to Share the Joy of Missions endowment fund and promotes other endowment possibilities.
Tim Hooten, .COM Consultant
Men and women committed to creating missions awareness and involvement in their church.
As defined in our New Mexico WMU guidelines, leadership will include “a New Mexico WMU Executive Board comprised of associational WMU directors and/or appointed associational representatives, and the president of La Union Feminil Misonera.” Primary responsibilities of the Executive Board are to serve as a nominating committee for the president and vice-president, and to serve as a selection committee for the New Mexico WMU scholarship fund. The Executive Board is chaired by the vice-president, who is elected annually and can serve for two years.
Missions education is the process of equipping Christians to participate effectively in the mission of God, locally and globally, through personal missions involvement and representative missions.
- Missions education is doctrinally sound.
- Missions education teaches men, women, boys, and girls how to apply biblical truths through mission action and witnessing.
- Missions education teaches us how to pray intercessory prayers for missionaries, ministries, people groups, and our own church and communities.
- Missions education supports missions financially and encourages cooperative giving.
- Missions education helps believers grow spiritually as we learn, memorize, and live out Scripture through missions involvement.
- Missions education helps believers live out the Great Commission by witnessing to people and caring for the needs of others.
- Missions education teaches us that we are all part of God’s plan.
- Missions education lays a foundation of faith and helps us develop spiritually toward a missions lifestyle.
November 5th – Silver City, World Craft Party and Baptist Women’s World Day of Prayer
November 6th – Belen, World Craft Party and WMU Display